.

.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Helpful Hint

Here is a helpful hint that I had to learn the hard way:

When, after you are so cosmically fortunate enough to, as a parent of four young children, not only get a babysitter, but obtain tickets and get out of the house two nights in one week to experience an amazing part of rock and roll history including the likes of not only Billy Joel, but also Tony Bennett, John Mayer, Don Henley, John Mellancamp, Garth Brooks, Steven freaking Tyler, Roger Daltrey AND Sir Paul McCartney, do not kid yourself into thinking that a night of "Kellogg's Pop Tarts Presents: American Idols Live" could ever come close. Even if you bring your amazingly too cute for words, totally starstruck, I wanna be a rock star six year old with you. Just don't do it. Stay home and clean your bathroom with baking soda and a toothbrush.

I bet Heloise has nothing to say about that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats a long way from let it be????
at 8:21 all was well where dit it go in to the toilet????, mind you I am not an Idol fan so spill it...

Unknown said...

It wasn't bad...really. It's just that none of the performers have earned the right to be performing to an almost sold-out crowd at the Coliseum. That, and all the teeny-boppers screaming their heads off as if they were seeing McCartney and Joel at Shea, when really what they are seeing is an over-hyped cover-band.
Don't get me wrong, I watch American Idol (I don't vote, though) and it is entertaining. I just would rather not spend my far and few between evenings out watching them live. Check back with me in a few years when some of them have become bona-fide stars.

Cara said...

Me and SP went to every AI Concert from Kelly Clarkson to Taylor Hicks...then we had enough. The first one was the best..and I did have a little thing for Constantine from Season I dont remember...so it's fun...but dam it ain't no Barry Manilow concert..seriously.

Related Posts with Thumbnails