.

.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The final countdown


Okay, so it's not the greatest picture, but do you see the freaking size of me? I am tremendous! Have you looked at the little happy prego lady on the right hand margin - how many days does it say? Thirteen as I write this. Holy crap. I am freaking pregnant. Look at my ankles! 13 days! Less than that really. Any minute now and I could be leaving to go to the hospital to have another baby. Umm...yeah. I think the denial may be clearing up.
I am miserable these days. I can't move well at all. I try my best not to bend down for any reason whatsoever. The cherubs are pretty helpful, thank goodness, because I also tend to drop a lot of things, and the two don't really go well together. When Paddy boy hugs my legs, as 17 month olds are likely to do, I can't see him! I was in an ice cream shop last night for Curly's Birthday, and I couldn't fit into the booth. I am winded just climbing the stairs. I grunt when I get into my car, and I actually have to get on my knees to be able to turn over in bed. My ankles and feet are 3 times their normal size. To quote (ok, paraphrase) my friend "Petit Fleur", " slap a door on me and call me a house!"
The heartburn is nearly constant, and I won't even discuss my other digestive issues. I am so tired, and extremely irritable, and I am tired of this pregnancy!
But wait...it can't really be almost over, can it? I am a little sad. I mean granted, I am miserable and miserable to be around, but really over? Argh. This whole pregnancy thing has been so out of my control, and I don't deal well when I am not in control. What if this is the last time? Have I been too busy moaning and groaning to enjoy it? I may never feel the little kicks and hiccups again. I may never have another excuse for people to be nice to me and let me cut in front of them on a long, long line for the ladies room at Yankee stadium while waiting for the Pope! I may never hear another little heartbeat and know that it is coming from inside me, at 150 beats per minute!
Oh! Parting with this pregnancy will be such sweet sorrow.
Now then, let's get this show on the road, I'd like my body back.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails