.

.

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Mommy Advice

The Sunshine Girl has been a part of the family for a few years now, and officially since this past summer when she and Mickey D tied the knot (or truly, since April when she gave birth to "He who makes me great"). Now, since she started coming around she has always been one of the nicest, cheeriest, friendliest and happiest people I know. She is beautiful. She is smart. She absolutely brings out the best in Mickey D. From the beginning though, I noticed that something wasn't quite right, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Then one day it hit me. She SMILES all the time! Seriously, all the time. Well, I figured, she is from FL, and this is New York, where nobody smiles that much, so I chalked it up to a geographical origination issue, and I consider it part of her charm.

Now, any new mom can tell you about all of the unsolicited advice they get from anyone and everyone who ever had a baby, knows someone who had a baby or ever was a baby themselves. The Sunshine Girl is a great Mom to "He who makes me great", but for some reason I think that she probably gets more than her fair share of "baby advice" from well-meaning individuals. Someone is always telling her to put a hat on the baby, or what kind of food to feed him, or what kind of toys he should or shouldn't have. The other day I heard her telling a story about some Mommy advice that she got from her own grandmother. She said that no matter what your own day is like, no matter how you are feeling, or whatever else is happening, always, always greet Check Spellingyour child with a big, happy grin. Always be happy and cheery, and then they will be happy and cheery too. Hmmm.....maybe it isn't just because she is from Florida, but maybe it's because she had a great Mom and a great Grandma too! All I can say is that I am sure that "He who makes me great" is going to be one happy boy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi...This is me acknowledging that I have read! You have an insight that should be recognized by many more people than the regulars...go with that and run....

Cara said...

thank you. and you are not a loser. I know you you know. I love you. xoxo

Denn Mom said...

Since I read this the other day I've been trying to remember to do it with my own kids (and my husband; who says he's not deserving of smiles when I first greet him each day, too?). What great advice!

Related Posts with Thumbnails