.

.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Today 5 Was The New Five


My good friend Salome (ok, not her real name, but it is equally as biblical and maleficent) is moving to TN very soon. We've been friends since about 6th grade. She has two adorable little children and her hubby has been gone for almost 4 weeks already and poor Salome was about ready to go out of her mind, being alone with her two small children in her very small apartment all the while trying to pack up her entire life and prepare to move it 18 hours away. So, being the good friend that I like to believe I am, I picked up her two cherubs from daycare this afternoon and let them in on a slice of life Tricia style.
My husband forgot all about my plans to do this today and when he called to see how things were and I mentioned that I now had five children he was a bit confused. We had a great time though. We went for a walk in my sidewalk-less, pit bull -full neighborhood, and survived. We played on bikes in the driveway and then we made these adorable picture frames, with tissue paper and modge podge and glitter and confetti! (all of the above are now mingling on the floor with the Rold Gold). Then we ate pizza and finished it off with purple ice cream and M&M's. Now these kids can go off to TN thinking that I am the funnest Mom ever!
Five was not so bad. Although it was definitely a few decibels louder than three, and a few more diapers, it was fun, and not that much more work.
I was kind of sad though because this was more than likely the last playdate for my kids and Salome's as they are headed south next week. That's why I made the frames and took so many pictures. Well, I told her that she'll just have to start her own Blog so that I can keep tabs on exactly what's going on. Don't worry, I'll give you all the link once she does.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails