.

.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Nosy Neighbors


You know that old saying about kissing by the garden gate? "the flowers may be blind, but the neighbors ain't"? Well, guess what? I am the neighbor they speak of! Now, it's not that I am inherently nosy, (well, ok, yes I am), but , let's be reasonable, If you decide to have a full blown, 100 decibel, lover's spat outside my bedroom window at 3Am, you can bet your ass I am going to pull up a chair.

There I was last night enjoying my sweet slumber when I was awoken by some such lover's quarrel. So out of my bed I stumbled and over to the window. There they were in the middle of the street, F-bombs flying. I kneel down, bad back and all and settle in for a show!


He says: "don't hit me! mumble mumble, you know, mumble mumble, my father, mumble"


She says, and no mumbling here, :"I'm tired of this 'don't hit me, my father used to hit me' bullshit - your father didn't f-ck you did he?!"


Me - O MY GOD (silent thought - he didn't did he??) !

Hubby then lifts his head to ask what the heck I am doing -

Me - "shh! go make me some popcorn! "


Seriously the bickering and the pushing and shoving and "I love you so much and you know it, that's why you f-ck with me" and the "all you care about is getting laid" - he said to her!, and the "just take me home and then you can go wherever you want" - it all went on for about 2 hours.

Now, I don't live anywhere near a bar or anything, none of my neighbors were having a party, I don't know how these poor souls came to decide that the street immediately outside my bedroom window would make the perfect venue for their row, but it was quite entertaining, I just wish I could TiVo that kind of drama and watch it at a more convenient time.

Hubby may now expect me to wake up in the middle of the night for other things...

like feeding Paddy boy. But, I have a bad back, you know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a good show that must have been!! So were they actually your neighbors? Honestly, I'd be right there with ya! I love a good lover's quarrel!
I hope your back is feeling better!
-LYNNE

Coma Girl said...

That was hysterical!

And my grandmother used to say that saying!

Unknown said...

These people were not my neighbors. Their car was parked in my neighbors driveway, but my neighbor wasn't home, so I don't know if they were friends of his (he is kind of a character), or what.

Related Posts with Thumbnails