.

.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Bambi isn't just a Disney Character


I wasn't going to do this, I thought about it, but I wasn't going to do this. Now, you made me do this!

At dinner the other night I heard a tale about an old flame of Mr. DD. Of course he's madly in love with my good friend DD, even after 18? years of marriage (lots of softball), but he clearly has a soft spot for his old flame. Her name was Bambi. I know, I know what you're thinking, but there was a really good reason that her mother named her Bambi. Bambi's mother was involved in a terrible auto accident while she was pregnant, she almost lost her own life, and the life of her unborn daughter. It seems that there is a biblical/Hebrew meaning for the word Bambi - "miracle of God". Bambi seemed the most fitting name in the situation.
You may be wondering what happened in the accident. It was rather tragic. She was driving down the highway late at night and...she hit a deer.

My lawyers are on vacation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You stole my line!

I have ideas for other books!

Related Posts with Thumbnails