.

.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Reflections on 8 years


Tuesday was our wedding anniversary. It's hard to believe, but it has been 8 years since I made the long walk down the aisle with Hubby. Sometimes it feels like yesterday. We celebrated the day quietly, but perfectly. First, Hubby took the day off of work which was great. We got First son off on the school bus and then dropped the remaining cherubs at their grandparents house. We went to breakfast and then headed down to the beach. It was a beautiful day, and it was such a luxury to be able to go to the beach and not have to lug a million things. All we brought was a blanket and some sweatshirts. We lazed on the beach for a while, listening to the waves crash and actually having a conversation! It was pure indulgence. We took a long walk along the shore, till just before the nude beach (yuck). Then we went shopping for ingredients to make a nice dinner. We bought the kids TV dinners - a treat, since they've never had them ever before, and hubby even let them have ice cream for dessert! Then he tucked them away in bed while I set to creating a masterpiece menu. We had arugula with herbed goat cheese for a first course, then chicken saltimbocca and asparagus risotto for dinner. For dessert, a lovely peanut butter and chocolate tart that we picked up at the local bakery. All in all it was a heavenly day.

Reflecting on the past eight years, I realize that I am one lucky girl. I am still very much in love, with my very best friend. Hubby and I have been through a lot, much of it good, but some of it very bad. The thing is that we made it through together. We can take on anything at this point. My Hubby is funny (he especially thinks so); and he's smart; he's an incredible Dad (no, really - he has been known to take all three cherubs to the beach - by himself!); he is always there for me, whether I need a weather report, a bug extermination, or a recipe conversion; he is strong for me when I can't be for myself, and he always offers up some perspective when I think I've gotten myself into a corner. We share the same dreams (some people think we're building a soccer team, actually, it's a restaurant staff!). I don't know where I'd be without him. (Hollywood?, Broadway?) I look forward to the next eight years. I love you Hubby!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to the next eighty years. I love You.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Lil Sis
You 2 certainly have what it takes
Love, You are Best Friends, and very important A sense of Humor, Take that from someone with 28 Years and counting, Keep building!!!

ConverseMomma said...

Happy Anniversary. Just found your blog. I'm a fellow Islander so I thought I would say hi. And to say that "Leave the gun, take the cannoli" is a much used phrase around our household.
Peace

Cara said...

Happy Anniversary Mrs P. Makes my heart sing to hear a wife say only great things about her man. In the craziness of this world how lucky to have a soft place to fall. Many many more years together. xxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails