.

.

Monday, November 12, 2007

In response to #8....NO!

Have you seen this show on TLC called "Kids by the Dozen"? Each episode they feature a different family with, you guessed it - a dozen or more kids. I watch it every so often when there's nothing better to do, and, I admit, with the hope that I might learn something useful . In truth the show is really quite contrived, they focus on just one or two of the children, and rather than touching on the day to day lives of each tribe, they instead show the family involved in some monumental task or event, and the events leading up to it. For instance building a barn AND opening a store AND making (not buying) all of the inventory for said store, all within one week. Yeah, OK, that might happen in real life. Nevertheless, I watch.
Well, last week I watched an episode in which the family had 13 children and one on the way. So, what I have determined to be the difference between myself and these people who are oh so fruitful and multiplying, is that they must be missing some important nerve endings. How this woman could keep up with 13 rambunctious children, a husband, a house, be pregnant AND allow TV cameras to follow her around is beyond me, way beyond me. I can barely keep up with three! I mean, she appeared to be happy and alert, she was up and dressed, her house was pretty well put together and she never once even looked like she had considered yelling at any of her bratty little kids. I on the other hand spend most of my days in my bathrobe, wading through the sea of Cheerios and heaven knows what else that has become my kitchen floor, trying to avoid eye contact with the gaggle of people who keep calling me "Mommy". As I said, the show is quite contrived. Either that or I need a therapist.

3 comments:

Coma Girl said...

I don't think it is you. They probably don't show the mother in the bathroom taking pills and drinking a bottle of Tequila.

Scribbit said...

I bet it is contrived, I've found most of those reality shows too hard to believe. But they are entertaining! :)

Anonymous said...

I found your blog and had to laugh my toosh off, I am the Mother of the 13 kids, well now 14, she(Laura) arrived on 12-7-07. I still can't believe I let cameras follow me around either, I was/am nuts. We can all do anything for a week, right lol. I knew they were coming so if they were getting here at 7am, I got up at 4:30 am, seriously. I am sitting here on Sunday am in my pj's as I type to you. :) Congratulations on #4.
Christi Cason

Related Posts with Thumbnails