.

.

Friday, July 4, 2008

I heart my messy, noisy life!


This is a picture of my backyard as it looked at 7:15 this morning. I am crazy, I know, but I felt overwhelmed by the urge to capture this moment. It is a peek at my life. My life right now. It's a mess, toys everywhere, sand everywhere except the sandbox, and if you look at the left edge of the picture, a fire chief cruiser up against a tree with the door ajar (I wonder what happened to the Fire Chief?...oh, he's drooling in his crib!). Take one look at this yard and you know that it is attached to a home that is run by kids!
I felt the need to take this picture because I was looking out the window when I became a little sentimental. This time in my life isn't going to last forever, in fact it is going to fly by way too fast. Before long it will be just Hubby and me sitting in those two chairs saying "remember when...", and I want to remember every detail! My life right now is insane and I love it! I have four children under 6! My life is busy, noisy and messy! Sometimes I pine for a perfectly neat house, empty laundry baskets and a cupboard full of clean dishes instead of a sink full of dirty ones, but then I stop and remind myself that one day I will have all of those things, and it will be very, very quiet, and I will be a little sad, missing my noisy messy life. So, instead I try to enjoy the noise, and enjoy the mess while I still can. It's my life and I love it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the way you love your life!
We'll be sitting in those chairs together one day remembering how Jack and Paddy created havic!
Looking forward to those memories, but not too soon...how do we keep them small forever?
Jacks Mom

Anonymous said...

Also, I wanted to let you know that I read your blog the other day, along with the picture of your yard and wanted to let you know that it had a great effect on me. Your perspective was something I think I needed to hear or read or have shouted in my face and whether or not that was your intention you have helped me alter my thinking in a positive way and I wanted to thank you. I don't think I'll ever be as brave or as ambitious as you but you can bet there will be a few more snuggles with my "first son" a couple of picnic dinners at the beach or boat and at least a few firefly catching expeditions.

Thanks for the wake up call

Related Posts with Thumbnails