.

.

Monday, February 2, 2009

What's in a name?

A quick lesson in etiquette, only because this very subject has come up twice this weekend and I feel the need to educate.

A married woman is : Mrs. Husband Smith....always!!
unless she is divorced, then she becomes:

Mrs. Herownname Smith

Even when widowed, she is still Mrs. Husband Smith.

There is no such person as Mrs. Patricia (My last name).

Now then, feminists, I am sure that you will have something to say about this..but please, think it through.

I married him!! I took HIS name. I gave it to my children.

Please people, I know that Emily Post is dead and all, but let's not disturb her grave.

3 comments:

Cara said...

hmmm..Emily Post aside..I prefer Mrs. Cara HisLastName. I don't look like a Tony. Yes I took his last name, but after spending time with people who knew me before I was Mrs. WhatHisName last week,I was Miss MyOldName once and although I will always be Mrs. Husband HisLastName Miss MyOldName is in there somewhere still. I have no given myself a headache. lol Welcome back to blogland...when did find the cool backgrounds? I just updated mine today and was pleasantly surprised to find that you pimped yours too!

Cara said...

oh and btw am I getting an invite to the photoblog?? I am slightly insulted...

mom2two said...

i am ms. angela duen and will always be ms. angela duen...married, not married..!!! that's me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails