.

.

Monday, March 9, 2009

More than your Mom and Dad...combined

Does your family have their own vocabulary? One of First Son's spelling words last week was "cuddle". As part of his homework he needs to write sentences using the words. He was having a little trouble with cuddle and asked me what it means. Doesn't know what "cuddle" means? What kind of child grows up not knowing what it means to cuddle?? Well, I assure you, my sweet First Son knows all about warm delicious hugs; sweet strokes of the hair; and cozy Eskimo kisses. In our tribe we call it "shnuggling". I simply told First Son that "cuddle" means the same thing as "shnuggle", and he quickly had his sentence written. "My Mom cuddles me". And I do.
First Son and I are madly in love with each other. Each morning since he was a baby he has come into bed with me and we have shnuggled. Now, with school and other early morning obligations it has become more difficult to find the time to shnuggle, so when we can fit it in we savor it.
The other night we were lying together in my bed enjoying a hard-earned shnuggle after a long weekend that was preceded by an even longer week. Soon we began our usual "I love you " contest, which usually takes us on a trip to Pluto and back as we exclaim just how to measure the love we have for each other. I started with " I love you more than ice cream". Well, First Son must have been really tired, because he cut right to the chase and shot back with "I lovCheck Spellinge you more than...your Mom & your Dad love you...combined". I am not sure who won the "love contest" that night, but there were no losers.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails