.

.

Monday, March 2, 2009

I heart Snowdays


I don't love snow. Sure it makes everything look pretty, all fresh and new and white, that is, until the plow comes along and sloshes up all the dirty black sludge all over the place. Then there's the sloppy wet boots leaving trails of mess all over my floors. And don't forget driving and wondering "will my brakes actually work?" - but I digress...


I LOVE Snow days! Snow days are unexpected, totally unplanned for days off! A day to spend in our jammies, a fire in the fireplace, shnuggling on the couch flipping back and forth between Food Network and the Travel Channel, baking cookies and reading e-mails. No matter what my to-do list had on it, it all gets pushed aside - it's a snow day! 700 errands to run? Can't do it - it's a snow day. First Son home from school, Hubby home from work, hot chocolate, cold noses, lots of hugs.


Even though tomorrow will be a super-crazy day now, I am enjoying the nothingness that has been imposed on us today. A day like today is the reason that you will always find plenty of brown sugar, vanilla & chocolate chips in my pantry.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails