.

.

Saturday, April 7, 2007

A big day in the kitchen

Hubby is home! Yea! A day early too, but now he's all snotty and sick. Poor guy. He's really not your typical sick and whiney guy either, so if he's complaining it is because he really doesn't feel good. I will go buy him some sudafed.

Today is the day! I am going to tie on the apron strings and do my best to be a good Italian wife. Of course, I am not the least bit Italian but I have great appreciation for all things Italian. Especially food! Jack's Mom gave me her recipe for sauce - some would call it gravy. She makes a very yummy meat sauce and she has entrusted me with the family secret! I have purchased all of the ingredients and am set today to make history in my kitchen. In just a little while I will be making the meatballs and stirring the sauce! (Hubby will have to keep checking for that damn helicopter that's been following me around all day)

Also today is Holy Saturday - the day before Easter so there will be lots of Easter preparation going on as well. Egg coloring for one. I love decorating eggs. First son is beside himself at the moment. He can't wait to start "painting" eggs. I hope he doesn't really think we'll be getting out paintbrushes. We'll be plopping those babies into little cups of vinegary food dye. I do have one of those wax crayons though, and some stickers. I will also be attempting to make a giant egg shaped cookie and decorating it with M&M's and mini Twix to look like an Easter egg. I will post a picture later. If everyone is lucky those cute bunny cupcakes may make another appearance as well. A busy day in the kitchen. I love it! I love just being home with the family and not having to run all over the place. Well, I do have to make a trip to the store to get a few things not the least of which are carrots for the large bunny who is expected to arrive later this evening.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails