.

.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

salt & lemon

I have to pull myself together. I have been sobbing for an hour now. Tomorrow is kindergarten orientation, and I just can't bring myself to accept it. The thing is, I really, really like first son and I resent having to share him. Especially with teachers. I hate teachers. (yes, several of my best friends are teachers, so?) I would seriously consider homeschooling, but it would be for purely selfish reasons (plus, then I would be a teacher). The thing is that he is going to love it. He is going to thrive. I guess I will come around. I'll go join the PTA or something (wait, what does the "T" stand for?)
I have known for 5 years that this day would come. I have been in denial. I have begged him to just stay little. He refuses. He just keeps getting bigger and bigger.
My friend the other MrsP has one starting High School and her baby starting Kindergarten all in the same day. I forsee 2 MrsP(s) and a bottle of tequila.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, well this MrsP says out loud that she will be doing cartwheels down Main Street on Sept. 5th..but after the reality of orientation day...she probably will go home from the bus with a smile then cry for a time in the empty house. This is really the end of the road for babies for me...once they go to real school the aren't babies anymore (sorry Trish. But change although I fight it, always ends up being something great. So I guess I will hold on to my "baby" for a few more months anyway...now where'd you say that Tequilla was?? lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails