.

.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Embrace the "Now"


Here’s to good women –
may we know them, may we raise them, may we be them!

I went to a lovely ladies' tea today with my sisters, nieces (now that Mickey D and the Sunshine Girl are engaged, I have 2!), mother-in- law, and some friends. The food and service were really mediocre, but the speaker was fabulous! Sr. Pat Duffy, an Amityville Dominican gives the best talks. I really gained a lot from it which I hope is going to help me make the adjustment from mom, to mom of a kindergartner, something which I have confided to you all I am quite anxious about.
The first thing I got from Sr. Pat was to trust my intuition. My intuition tells me that Kindergarten is going to be great for First son, and that I am going to survive too.
The second thing that I got from Sr. Pat is to be present in the "now". I love that advice. I have heard it before, but it is definitely the kind of advice that I can benefit from hearing over and over, as I do tend to get ahead of myself from time to time. I am going to do my best to
"not be anxious for tomorrow", but to enjoy today. Hey - I have until September 5th to worry about kindergarten. In the meantime I still have my morning shnuggles, my leisurely schedule, and the whole day to spend with my beautiful First son. So I am going to just take every day and enjoy it, and enjoy him. When September rolls around I will cry a few tears, and then jump in with both feet. I know you're all taking bets that I will be class Mom. (and a damn good one too - you saw my cupcakes! LOL)
check out Sister Pat for yourself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree the Tea was lovely and if there was one piece of advice it is to live in the now cause sister I told all of mine to stay little I even told them just stay 5 because they all thougth five was big, now look at me that is all a mere memeory and we are starting new ones with 2 weddings so if I cant have a breakdown you cant either!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails