.

.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Caberet or Cabernet?

Hubby and I actually had a date last night! It has been a long time since we've really been able to do that. I had to farm the cherubs out in different directions, (really who is going to take three of them, especially when three is the new five) but it was well worth the finagling. We went to see Norah Jones. I really like her sound. She was great, beautiful vocals. Generally, listening to Norah Jones, I could be stone sober and feel like I've just had two glasses of cabernet. Good feeling. The problem last night was that I really did just have two glasses of cabernet. Sleepy feeling. I would go see her again if it were more of a caberet setting rather than in a cramped theatre. Until then, I will keep Miss Jones were she belongs, in my CD player whilst I lounge by my fireplace with a big glass of red wine and some candles.
First Son did make me chuckle though. Norah Jones had done a skit on Sesame Street some years back, where she parodied her song "Don't Know Why" singing instead "Don't know why "Y" didn't come" she then explains to Elmo that she is sad becuse she was supposed to have a playdate with her friend, the letter "Y". Coincidence or otherwise our friends at CTW aired said skit yesterday morning. So when First Son asked why I was going to New York City I explained that I was going to see a show, and told him that it was the girl from Sesame Street. He said "Oh!!, is Elmo going to be there too?" chuckle..chuckle.. Then, this morning I told him that indeed, Elmo had not shown up. He then said with a straight face "was the letter "Y" there?"
My life, I love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tricia!
The funny thing is I don't really listen to Nora Jones but I do know that Elmo/Nora Episode. And I think she does find "Y" at the end. HA HA!
I'm enjoying your blog - it's funny stuff!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts... I know with kids...they are so precious & often so many go unnoticed (the thoughts that is!)

LYNNE

Related Posts with Thumbnails