.

.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Nose Candy


Here I am sitting at my computer this morning sipping a cup of tea and doing a little research on the surprise trip to see The Mouse that I am planning, when suddenly Curly walks in and makes it abundantly clear that my life could not be more glamorous. She says....are you ready?..."Mommy, I have a shoe in my nose." Seriously. A shoe, stuck up her nose. (Thank you to UF for the Polly Pocket Easter gift! ) So I quickly put her up on the kitchen counter, and look into the shnoz. There it is, a very fashionable turquoise mule, shoved into one left nostril. So I tell her - "Don't breathe!" Well, that's not good. So I show her how to breathe through her mouth. Then I decide I will try to get her to "blow it out". This isn't working very good, and all I can think about is the phone call to the pediatrician that I am seconds away from having to make. This is great. I am starting to sweat. Curly is remarkably calm. I start to think that maybe the shoe isn't really up there, maybe I saw something else, or nothing. Then First son says, " No Ma, she does have a shoe up her nose! I don't know what happened, mine came right out!" I can not make this stuff up. What possessed you people to stick doll shoes up your nose??

A pair of tweezers and some very dexterous nose picking and the shoe was removed. Curly's biggest concern? "Don't throw it in the Jarbage!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud when I read the end of this one! if you find the gremlin that teaches young children all of these wonderful tricks, please let me know....he definitely spends time at our house when I am not looking!

hope your morning was not too painful. I remember how I was when my big girl walked off that bus by herself during orientation, so I hope you had a lot of tissues with you!!!! don't forget to post a blog with all the gory detials....

mom2two said...

awesome...hey, i'm looking for an earring that went missing after you guys left.. can you check up nola's nose!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails